“The History of Street Photography.” BrooksInstitute. Brooks Institute, 22 April 2015. Web. 25 July 2016.
- Street photography became popular in Paris, maybe due to the beauty in the architecture and gardens of Paris, and the desire to photograph them. (25 July 2016)
- Eugéne Atget is often credited for bringing popularity to street photography. He focused on photographing buildings and cityscapes. (25 July 2016)
- After Atget, street photographers began to focus more on the human aspect of cities, like crowds of moving people. (25 July 2016)
- John Thompson was an early street photographer who “transformed the field with social photographs that captured people in spontaneous action rather than in formal portraits.” (25 July 2016)
- The New York School of Photography was created by a group of street photographers who photographed everyday life in New York between 1930 – 1960. (25 July 2016)
- “Street photography is a harsh name for a beautiful pursuit. To tame the chaos. To frame the cacophony of modern life. To capture what it means to be alive.” (25 July 2016)